Why learn Arabic?
- Gain a new perspective and a larger worldview of the Arab World
- Learn the language of the Qur’an
- Learn a language Critical to U.S. National Security
- Prepare for an international career by learning a language of the United Nations
- Conduct business in some of the fastest-developing economies in the world
- Learn about the history of some of the most ancient civilizations in the world
- Take advantage of the many funding opportunities associated with learning Arabic
Arabic Program News & Announcements
- On Monday, June 15, 2020, Department of Linguistics and LCTL program welcomed 104 students to the Summer Institute for Languages of the Muslim World, held virtually this year from June 15 to August 8.
- The co-curricular activities are an essential component of the SILMW program. The activities provide students with experiences outside the classroom to learn about the cultures and peoples in the Muslim World and enrich their language learning journey.
- Our student John Rossi took this picture during his study abroad program in Morocco. It was displayed at the UIUC undergraduate exhibition.Thanks John for sharing this project with us!