In a survey of CS+LING Graduates (2018-2020), there were 38/54 respondents. CS+LING Majors reported an average annual income of $90,500 with an average signing bonus of $12,272.73. Our CS+LING graduates reported being employed at the following Fortune 500 (2021) companies: Boeing, Facebook, Alphabet (Google), Charles Schwab, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, and Mastercard. A plurality of respondents reported having the position title "Software Engineer".
In a survey of LING Graduates (2018-2020), there were 35/66 respondents. LING majors reported an average annual income of $64,472.22 with an average signing bonus of $6,100.00. Our LING graduates reported being employed at the Fulbright Association, Accenture, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Capital One Financial. Respondents reported having position titles such as, "Software Developer", "Bilingual Engineer", "Data Analyst" and "Teacher".
Here's a sampling of recent destinations for graduates of the Department of Linguistics.
- Suyeon Im (PhD 2018) - Postdoc, HK Polytechnic University
- Zainab Hermes (PhD 2018) - Lecturer, University of Chicago
- Eun Hee Kim (PhD 2019) - Lecturer, Rice University
- Haram Hannah Kim (PhD 2019) - Lecturer/Academic Coordinator, University of California, Irvine
- Kate Lyons (PhD 2018) - Data Scientist, Federated Investigators, Pittsburg, PA
- Kailen Shantz (PhD 2018) - Data Scientist, CONTURN Forward Data Science, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Benjamin Weissman (PhD 2019) - Lecturer, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Marissa Barlaz (PhD, 2018) - Linguistics Data Analytics Manager, School of Literatures, Cultures, and Linguistics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Lydia Catedral (PhD, 2018) - Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong
- Farzad Karimzad (PhD, 2017) - Assistant Professor, Salisbury State University
- Nyssa Bulkes (PhD, 2017) - Postdoc, University of Arizona
- Brad Miller (PhD, 2017) - Human Resource Manager, Proctor & Gamble
- Michelle Patino-Flores (BA in LING, 2017) - Onsite Coordinator, Oregon Humanities
- Richard Wei (BS in CS-LING, 2017) - Apple Inc.
- Taylor Irwin (BS in CS-LING, 2016) - Qualtrics Inc.